About Maturity Models
What is a Maturity Model, and why use one?
The use of a maturity model allows an organisation to have its methods and processes assessed according to management best practice, against a clear set of external benchmarks. Maturity is indicated by the award of a particular “Maturity Level”. Maturity level assessment of an organisation’s programme and project management will provide the following benefits:
- A known Maturity Level, with precise recommendations on how to improve.
- Ability for organisations to compare their Maturity Level with other organisations, or other parts of their own organisation.
- A big improvement on self-assessments.
– A consistent set of questionnaires and scoring.
– Independently verified and certified.
- An independently held set of “benchmarks”.
‘It is not enough to merely measure where you are now, you require a focused action plan and roadmap to enable your organisation to move to a higher level of maturity and thereby demonstrate “more effective project delivery”‘ (Sue Vowler).
What Maturity Models are available?
APMG Registered Consultants can provide assessment against the following Maturity Models: